One of the tutoring services we offer is preparing a student to take their ACT/SAT. When you come to The Whole Kid for prep, we’ll strive to help your student the best way possible in being successful on the ACT or the SAT. If you’re interested in learning more about our SAT or ACT prep tutoring services, then contact us today.
What we do best is to offer a highly individualized approach to helping each student to progress from where he or she is to where he or she wants to be. We use self-administered practice tests (and any prior actual test scores) to gauge where a student is and — together with an emerging sense of schools of interest — to set goals for an overall score (as well as target scores for each section). As with any type of private lessons, students who put in the most time and effort between sessions get the most out of tutoring.
There’s an overwhelming amount of information available online about ACT and SAT prep. We have a few key resources we hope will help you to make sense of the process and put yourself on the path to the score you need. Below are what you can expect when you come to us for ACT and SAT prep.
- Six Essential Habits for ACT Prep Success
- What’s A Good ACT Score?
- Expert Interview With Accommodations Advocate Michele Sass
- Tackling the Quintessential ACT Math Problem
- How To Use The ACT Study Calendars
In development. Watch this space for:
- Overview: An introduction to the test itself and a sense of context to start “Getting Yourself Ready for the SAT”
- Printable Tracking Sheets for monitoring your progress section by section
- Printable test-prep calendar with three options for the October 7 SAT
- FAQS and QTSBFA (“Questions that Should Be Frequently Asked!”)